Monday, October 08, 2007

MY kitchen!!

Yesterday I worked on cabinets for the rental side - and no, they aren't finished yet. Today, my countertops came at the same time that Elijah & Courtney gave us solid floors. I debated long and hard about spending the money on the countertop I wanted, but I am sooo pleased. These brothers who did the countertops also drilled some holes in the granite of the rental side for us. And E&C were crawling around under our house ALL DAY, in and out of the rain, keeping our side of the floor from sagging.

The sink isn't installed yet so I still don't cook. That will come soon!

It's the blue that drew me to this. The island is a cabinet we faced in some of the barge board from the house. I just hated to lose all of those original boards that we weren't using in the construction, and I really wanted to be able to see some of them in their rough state. I think this goes really well - the rough against the smooth, shiny man-made stone.

2 comments:

vicki said...

Yay! an almost complete kitchen!

Angela said...

Oh, oh, oh! It is soooo gorgeous!