Monday, July 30, 2007

Yep, it's coming

Well, I've talked with different ones of you about things that are happening, but I've not had time to post lately. One reason is that I was actually busy doing things myself. Another was that I was helping supervise volunteers, and another was that my dad's been in the hospital in Baton Rouge. HOWEVER, reasons are not excuses, so I'll try to make it up by posting a bit now. With the help of some volunteers and of our carpenter friend and our other friend from church - who mainly does floors but is ready to do anything we want him to do - we are coming along on lots of pieces of this project.

Hard working volunteers ready to leave.

Sydnie must really love us!! She's neat and hates dirt but was content to be in her room - and the house - covered with dirt!

Today an overhead beam got nicely encased.

Tile was laid in the small bathroom.

Our kitchen has tile! Tomorrow grouting!

Not a current project but soon, we'll clean up the fireplace in the rental bedroom. As we discussed this with Courtney who will fix it, he found some of the original hooks for holding cooking pots.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Pretty, pretty! And the fireplace thing is cool!