Thursday, March 01, 2007

Two great things; no pictures.

Two really exciting things have happened regarding the house but I have no pictures of either. First, the weekend after Mardi Gras, but before I returned from rambling around, Mike found a detailed note on our door. Michael from Chicago, had rescued this house from sure ruin in the 1980s and he left his phone number. I was able to talk to him and look forward to learning more from him and letting him see what we're doing.

The second thing is kitchen cabinets. I had very particular ideas of the cabinets I wanted in the rental kitchen, and I was really concerned that in a small kitchen there wouldn't be room for much. We found out that one of our dearest long-time friends makes cabinets, now that he's retired. Last night we got to go see the BEAUTIFUL cabinets - exactly what I wanted but so much more than I expected. He does such gorgeous work and in true Jackie-generosity he won't take a penny for his work - or that of a friend who helped him! Nearly 30 years ago he taught Mike to be willing to take a gift and just say thank you. So I want to say here, I THANK JACKIE PURVIS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you realize that not posting pictures of the cabinets is seriously trying my patience. (*sigh*)