Saturday, September 15, 2007

Big day!

Other than making 3 trips to the dump, a couple of Home Depot/lumber yard runs, and a little bit of painting, I spent most of my time running back and forth between the back yard and our living room going, "Wow!" or "That's great!"

The day began like this in the back yard and the living room stairs:

But Jake came with plants and a plan







After much discussion there was a meeting of the minds on how to do the stairs.



And the yard/patio began to be REAL!! We have a bit more brick to lay, and there are some potted camelias to sit around the A.C.s but there was huge progress made. AND, though I didn't get any finished shots - and the stairs won't be finished before Tuesday - the stringers are in place; the stairs will be "to code" and they look like they're going to be really good.



Three incredible guys doing huge amounts of work! It was a really big day!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow! I'm still having trouble believing that back yard! I guess I'll just have to see it on Thursday! (P.S. I cut a lot of my hair off. Don't be surprised!)